Although the messaging app is undoubtedly the most used in much of the world to communicate with our family and friends, the truth is that many users still miss certain functions on WhatsApp. One of them is that it allows messages to be sent to any phone number, that is, to be able to send messages to a phone number even if we do not have it stored among our contacts. If you are one of those who think that this function should be included in the famous app, we will tell you how to send WhatsApp messages to a number without adding it to your contacts In a simple way.
Until relatively recently it was not possible to start a conversation with them without first registering them in the calendar, but now it is possible. Thanks to the popularity of WhatsApp and the fact that many companies decided to include the service as a customer service channel, those responsible for the service created a method to place a link on any website and start a conversation, something that you can use whenever you need it and without having a website.
Yes, you can start WhatsApp conversations without saving the number in the phonebook.
The best thing about this method is that it is compatible with Android, iPhone and also WhatsApp Web. Furthermore, they are all tools provided by WhatsApp, so it is not necessary to use any modified application or strange software. Thanks to this, there is no risk of account suspension or the like.
Specifically, these are the steps we must follow:
- We open the browser on our mobile.
- We write the URL https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=PPNNNNNNNNN. Where PP we must replace it with the country code of the phone number, 34 in the case of Spain, and NNNNNNNNN with the phone number to which we want to send the message without having to add to our contact list. For example, https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=34666555444
Once you have it copied to your smartphone (you can also use it on your computer if you use WhatsApp Web), paste it in your favourite browser and, before accessing it, remember to modify the NNNNNNNNN at the end of the URL by the phone number to which you want to send a message preceded by the country code (PP) (for example, if you are going to write to a number in Spain you must type 34 followed by the phone number.
When you have it, access the URL and a website owned by WhatsApp will be loaded. In it, it will ask you if you want to start a conversation with that phone number and in case you confirm it the WhatsApp app will automatically open (or WhatsApp Web in case you are doing it from a computer) with the chat window for that phone number open.
At this point, you just have to write the message and send it just as you would in any conversation. Until you delete it entirely or archive it, it will remain open, and you will always have it available in the chat list to send new messages to the phone number in question.
Apps to send WhatsApp to unsaved numbers
We can also find specific applications that provide us with the option of sending messages to phone numbers that we do not have in our contacts and without having to add them to the phonebook. Two of the most popular and used are WhatsDirect and Direct Message for WhatsApp.
In this way, with some of the apps installed on our mobile, we will not have to use the API of the popular app, which requires us to remember the URL, have it saved in favourites or also have to use the browser.
The operation of both apps is very similar, as shown below. In the case of WhatsDirect, the first thing we have to do is install the app on our mobile, and once this is done:
- We open the app on the device.
- We select the code of the country.
- We write the phone number that we do not have on the list and to whom we want to send the message.
- We write the message.
- Click on the button Send.
- We will open the messaging app with the chat created with that phone number and the written message.
- All we have to do is press send the message from WhatsApp.
In the case of Direct Message, the process is very similar. Once the app is installed on our phone, these are the steps to follow to send WhatsApp messages to a number without having to add it to our contacts:
- We open the app on the mobile.
- We choose the code of the country.
- We write the phone number to whom we want to send the messages.
- We press the button Message on WhatsApp.
- Automatically we will open the chat of the messaging app with that phone number without having to add it to the agenda, and we can chat usually.
Both applications are available for devices with Android operating system. Still, if we have an iPhone, we can find in the Apple platform app store an alternative called Whats Direct Chat. A tool that, as in the previous ones, all we have to do is choose the country code, indicate the phone number and write the message we want to send so that a WhatsApp chat with that number opens, although we do not let us have among our contacts.