Seven tips to adapt to change in a “natural” way.
The organizational consultancy Trust Corporate, explains how few moments in the history of the world, such as the lived pandemic caused by Covid-19, has led companies to change the way they work and offer their services abruptly. The quest to circumvent performance in financial and organizational matters has companies in a scenario of reinvention, for which they were not necessarily prepared.
As a result of the gradual changes that are taking place in the industry with the management of the epidemic, companies must now develop economic models aimed at the recovery and reactivation of the different sectors. Decreased costs, increased production, efficient billing and collection are his new priorities. Additionally, organizations with the objective of improving their efficiency in production systems are leaning on investment in technology. ” Openness to change is the great catalyst for the efforts that companies make towards the post-David-19 era, in order to regain their sustainability and market presence.” Explains James Hernández, president and co-founder of Trust Corporate.
It is estimated that once the pandemic ends, companies will incorporate changes and models in the way they work naturally since their livelihood will depend on it. Companies that do not understand it this way will not be able to ride the wave of new production models, using more advanced technologies, and will be destined to disappear.
These seven tips should form the cornerstone of an action plan in PostCovid-19 to meet this demanding challenge.
- Create a strategic plan. Companies should include a model consistent with the requirements and real aspirations of the directives. To achieve a transformation in less time and in an efficient way, this project needs to clearly contemplate the objectives and thus avoid deviations in its execution.
- Clear communication. The way organizations communicate within their structures is a determining element. It must be consistent and reach all team members, at their different levels and structures.
- Active CEOs. The heads of organizations will have to be people who are constantly evaluating the market, their company, the environment, new technologies and processes to create innovative value propositions.
- Technological tools. Although the market offers different solutions and depends on the sector to which it belongs, information technology is what will give a competitive advantage to adapt quickly to changes in the business world.
- Organizational culture. If there is no personal identity with the principles, values and corporate mission; the commitment, proactivity and loyalty of employees will be diluted.
- Staff pick. Today, soft skills play a leading role in recruiting new employees. The ability to relate, to communicate, to be positive, to stay motivated, will be the most desired characteristics.
- Satisfied team. At least every six months, companies must measure how their employees feel about the organization and know if they are fulfilling their corresponding tasks. This exercise will allow for evaluating possible promotions or salary increases.
For James Hernández, the business sector needs to adapt processes, structures, policies and have the right personnel to make the capacity to change one of its main assets.