Luas drivers set to announce plans for eight more strike days next month

Must Read

Mark Rutte, the & # 039; black beast & # 039; southern europe

ProfileMark Rutte, the 'black beast' of southern Europe Illustration María Picassó i Piquer'Mr Nee', Prime...

Lombardy fines 400 euros for anyone who leaves home without a mask

Lombardy fines 400 euros for anyone who leaves home without a mask <img src =...

Venezuela says that Duque rejected the two COVID-19 machines offered by Maduro

Venezuelan Vice President Delcy Rodríguez said the Colombian government's response is "unheard of" and said that she will insist...
Padraig Conlon
More on Padraig coming soon.

The never ending industrial dispute shows no sign of being resolved and at this stage any good will the drivers had with the public appears to be all but gone.

The tram was shut for the tenth time last week as drivers took to the picket lines in the long-running dispute over pay with up to 90,000 passengers affected during the latest strike last Wednesday.

Luas drivers, who are represented by SIPTU, have vowed to push on with their pay claim, despite Luas operator Transdev implementing a 10% pay cut as the drivers continue to strike.

Transdev insist that it stands to lose €100,000 every day the drivers strike and management at the company say the 23% pay claim sought by the workers is “unaffordable”.

The tram will be out of service once more on Friday 13 May; Friday 20 May; and Friday 27 May.

There is also a four-hour stoppage planned for Thursday 26 May.

With no further negotiations planned and the possibility of more strikes in June, thousands of passengers are expected to be affected over the coming weeks.

More Articles Like This

Latest News

Mark Rutte, the & # 039; black beast & # 039; southern europe

ProfileMark Rutte, the 'black beast' of southern Europe Illustration María Picassó i Piquer'Mr Nee', Prime...

Lombardy fines 400 euros for anyone who leaves home without a mask

Lombardy fines 400 euros for anyone who leaves home without a mask <img src = "https://intallaght.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1586092322.jpg" alt="The leader of the...

Venezuela says that Duque rejected the two COVID-19 machines offered by Maduro

Venezuelan Vice President Delcy Rodríguez said the Colombian government's response is "unheard of" and said that she will insist on health coordination between the...

"Mulan" will be released in July and "Black Widow" in November for the coronavirus

After a few weeks of delays and suspensions of premieres in Hollywood due to the coronavirus pandemic, Disney announced this Friday that the new...

The United States exceeds 300,000 cases of COVID-19 and prepares for its ‘toughest’ week

More than a third of the infections in the United States of COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, are concentrated in the...