South Dublin County Council is undertaking a scheme for the sponsorship of roundabouts around our county.
The Council is seeking to partner with businesses, organisations or individuals who wish to progress their corporate social responsibility endeavours by enhancing our county’s built environment while at the same time benefiting from advertisement opportunities being offered on selected roundabouts located on key approaches and within our county.
Proceeds from the scheme will be used to visually enhance the roundabouts sponsored through appropriate landscaping and maintenance.
Benefits of Roundabout Sponsorship
- Increase awareness of your company name, highlighting your presence in the local community
- Drive people to your website to find out further details, by including your website address on your signage
- Convey a positive image of your business by supporting a scheme that is enhancing the local environment for residents and visitors
- Compatible with Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) objectives of your company
- Coverage is for 365 days of the year, 24 hours per day, acting as a constant reminder to residents and visitors to our county
- Millions of vehicles pass each location every year
- Additional PR opportunities exist with local media
- Provides the rare opportunity to place your name on the public highway
- Sponsorship costs and exposure may be more effective in relation to other advertising media
- Exclusivity with only one organisation per site
Location and Description of the Sites
Sites currently available for sponsorship are as per Location Map and include 16 roundabouts located throughout South Dublin County as follows:
- Junction Nangor/ Fonthill Road (1)
- Junction Nangor/ Fonthill Road (2)
- Junction Monastery Road / Woodford Hill
- Newcastle Rd outside Supervalu, Lucan
- Entrance to Tallaght Hospital
- Junction Belgard Square North / Belgard Square East
- Entrance at Belgard Road to Tallaght IT
- Junction Ballymount Road Upper/ Calmout Road / Ballymount Avenue
- Junction Ballymount Road Upper / Ballymount Road Lower / Turnpike Road
- Junction Templeville Road/ Wainsfort Road
- Junction Templeville Road/Wellington Road
- Scholarstown Road at Orlagh Estate
- Scholarstown Road at Templeroan
- Junction Ballyboden Road/ Taylors Lane
- Kiltipper Road at Ellensborough Estate
- Junction Kiltipper Way / Deerpark Avenue
The Square Shopping Centre Tallaght were one of the first to sign up to the scheme and thanks to them Tallaght has not one but two beautiful newly designed roundabouts. The management at The Square were delighted to get involved saying;
“We are proud to announce that we are the first sponsor of the newly launched South Dublin County Council Roundabout Sponsorship scheme! This means that the two roundabouts at the entrance to the Centre welcoming drivers to Tallaght will now host our branding”.
How do I apply to sponsor a roundabout?
The sponsorship of roundabouts in South Dublin County Council’s administrative area is subject to a Tender process which is periodically advertised and operates on a rolling basis.
If you are interested in submitting a tender for sponsoring one or more of these roundabouts, please see Tender for 2016 Roundabout Sponsorship Scheme.
The closing date for receipt of tenders is 12 noon, Friday, April 15th, 2016.