Dublin Fire Brigade has issued a warning about the dangers of cracks in plug sockets.
They illustrated what exactly people should look out for via their Twitter page which featured photos of damage done to the outside of sockets.
Homeowners should be aware that cracking on the front can be a sign of heat building up due to bad connections which can lead to burning behind the socket.
A resident smelt smoke & got help. The socket was the source. Cracking on the front can be a sign of heat building up due to bad connections pic.twitter.com/MkrIdLyPn2
— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) July 2, 2017