Conor McGregor says blood will be spilled when he fights Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone

Must Read

This is the WhatsApp fight against the hoaxes of Covid-19

This is the WhatsApp fight against the hoaxes of Covid-19 The platform launches an alert system with the WHO Whatsapp reigns...

International law in times of coronavirus

International law in times of coronavirus The crisis caused by COVID-19 has led states to take actions to respond to...

USA deployed Patriot missiles in Iraq, what for?

The USA deployed Patriot missiles in Iraq, what for? US authorities have asked Iraqis to allow them to deploy this...
Brian Adam
Professional Blogger, V logger, traveler and explorer of new horizons.

Conor McGregor has vowed to “kickstart UFC’s 2020 big” when he makes his return to the octagon against Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone this weekend.

The Irishman said there will be blood spilled when the two spar off at UFC 246 in Las Vegas and predicted a knockout.

McGregor has not fought in the octagon since losing to Khabib Nurmagomedov via submission at UFC 229 in October 2018.

Since then, Notorious announced his retirement from mixed martial arts before saying he would return to the sport in October.

View this post on Instagram

To infinity and beyond!

A post shared by Conor McGregor Official (@thenotoriousmma) on

Speaking before the bout, he said: “I’m in a good spot, I’m ready to fight.

“I am setting out for big goals, I am going to kickstart UFC’s 2020 big and I’m going to continue it.”

McGregor has a 21-4 record in UFC and in 2016 became the first fighter to hold belts in two of the company’s weight categories at the same time.

He has fought just once in the octagon since then – the Nurmagomedov defeat – but lost to Floyd Mayweather in a professional boxing bout in August 2017.

His opponent this weekend Cerrone boasts a 36-13 record and comes off two defeats.

He has my respect and although there will be blood spilled on January 18, it will not be bad blood

McGregor said: “I’ve had my back and forth with Donald throughout the years.

“It’s hard not to respect Donald right now and at this stage.

“He has my respect and although there will be blood spilled on January 18, it will not be bad blood.

“And for the Mystic Mac prediction, it will be a KO.”

The 31-year-old was asked about a return to the boxing ring, and said: “I’d love that Floyd rematch. I thought I did very well, I think with some slight adjustments I’d have done even better.

“For me now, an aspiration of mine is to win a world boxing title, I think that would be a phenomenal feather in the cap.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Donald Cerrone (@cowboycerrone) on

Cerrone said he was relishing the bout at the T-Mobile Arena.

“I’m going five rounds with this dude and I cannot wait til Saturday night.

“This is the fight I wanted. Conor is one of the last of a dying breed of fighters and I can’t wait for Saturday night,” he said.

More Articles Like This

Latest News

This is the WhatsApp fight against the hoaxes of Covid-19

This is the WhatsApp fight against the hoaxes of Covid-19 The platform launches an alert system with the WHO Whatsapp reigns...

International law in times of coronavirus

International law in times of coronavirus The crisis caused by COVID-19 has led states to take actions to respond to the emergency. Although there is no...

USA deployed Patriot missiles in Iraq, what for?

The USA deployed Patriot missiles in Iraq, what for? US authorities have asked Iraqis to allow them to deploy this anti-aircraft defence system to protect...

Sergio Ramos, a legend with a long history to write

The captain of the Spanish team and Real Madrid is turning 34 years old. Aim to play at least three more seasons. Sergio Ramos in...

USA USA says that Maduro's environment received an "incentive" to betray him

A senior US official said that by filing charges against the President of Venezuela, his environment will have an incentive to betray him. He...